You might remember a few months ago I built a bookcase from a kit and slipcovered it in wood to make a cabinet out of it. Using a large picture as the door. Well there were 2 pictures, but at the time I felt like we didn’t have the money to buy the wood to make another cabinet. Finally, I felt comfortable spending the money. So for most of the month of June I have been finishing the second cabinet.
The work in progress.
Occasionally, I had to subcontract out for some skilled labor to help. Ha!
This is the first one that I did. Note the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign on the sides. I had just painted those on and they were better than what I did at first. But I still was not completely happy with it.
My friend Roberta sent me this card and I really liked the pattern on it. Do I decided to adapt it for the sides of the second piece.
Up close it looks more like skates (you know the fish types) attacking a star fish. Note the missing trim around the top edge. The fabric shop is out. We are hoping for more.
So here is the first one.
And across the room from it is the second one, waiting for its trim. Can’t believe it took me this long to do that.