Making Screens

When we lived upstairs, we knew that we would only be there for a year or two.  So when we needed screens I used press on velcro to hang the screens.  Downstairs, Renata (the former tenant) had just stapled screen into the window.   But now  we are downstairs and hopefully not about to move anytime soon so I decided to make screens using removable wooden frames. 

 

 

garden, guazzino may 14 110

 

Screens stapled to the window.  Not a good idea if you want to paint the window frame.

 

 

garden, guazzino may 14 108

 

Wood for the frames

 

garden, guazzino may 14 112

 

Cut to measure for each window

 

garden, guazzino may 14 111

 

The frame put together before painting

 

garden, guazzino may 14 120

 

Painted and ready for the screen to be stretched. 

 

garden, guazzino may 14 121

 

The final product. 

 

All in all I spent 100 Euros for wood, screen, paint, screws et al.  That made 6 screens and with the exchange rate probably about $20 a screen.  But they are sturdy, have already withstood some hail with no damage and removable.  Costantino even gave them a nod of approval.

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. BK

    Your woodworking skills are amazing! So well done.

  2. Jane Mirko

    Martha, you are one amazing woman.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: